The department plays the following vital roles in school:
- Advice the girls on the proper reading/study techniques.
- Guide on the subject selection especially at form two level
- Advice the girls on the subject requirements on various courses offered in Kenyan universities.
- Update the girls on cluster point needed in various courses.
Department program for the term 2 2018.
|15th May 2018||Career talk on subject selection||All Form two Students|
|22nd May 2018||Career talk/requirements for various courses||All Form Four Students|
|29th May 2018||Career talk on good study habits||All Form One Students|
|6th June 2018||Career talk on note making.||All Form Three Students|
|7th June 2018||Annual General meeting||Entire Bishop Okoth Girls’ Mbaga Family|
The department working together with the guidance and counseling’s department has continued to help the girls in developing positive attitude towards learning
In Term III 2018, we sessions with the girls in the following areas:
- Timetable making (form three and four)
- Good study habits (form three)
- Career choices (form four)
- Subject selection (form two)
The department would wish to thank the school administration for the continued support in ensuring that the girls continue behaving well despite many social problems